The Transition Thus Far

Although I am still at the very front end of my college expierence, I feel that I've had to make a lot of changes to my routine in a short amount of time. Going into college, I was fretting about how I would possibly find free time to do extra homework, get ahead, see my friends, play video games...but much to my surprise I'm finding myself wondering how to manage all this excess free time. I think that may ultimately be the greatest paradox in terms of the life of a college student - there is so much down time that priorities get pushed and shoved and no work gets done. The antedote for this should be a simple one then - know your priorities and make yourself follow a pre-determined schedual. If you feel that hanging with friends is a top priority, then let it be so - but realize that if you don't get your work done, you won't be seeing them much longer.